These perfectly seasoning pan-fried burgers are great to make whenever you need something on the filling side. Topped off with bacon and pimento cheese, these burgers will surely please.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
For the Burgers
- ½ pound of ground beef
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of powdered onion
- ½ teaspoons of black pepper
- ¼ cup of pimento cheese
- 8 slices of thick cut bacon
- 4 slices of lettuce leaves
- 4 ciabatta rolls
For the Green Tomatoes
- 3 green tomatoes
- ½ cup of rice flour
- 1 cup of cornmeal
- ½ cup of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of seasoned salt
- ½ cup of buttermilk
- 1½ cups of vegetable oil
- Dash of salt
How to Make It
- Prepare the tomatoes. Slice the green tomatoes into slices that are ¼ inch in thickness. Season the tomato slices with a dash of salt. Set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- In a shallow dish, add in the buttermilk. Add in the seasoned tomato slices. In a separate shallow dish, add in the cornmeal, rice flour, cornstarch and seasoned salt. Stir well to mix. Dredge the tomato slices in the flour mix and toss well until coated on all sides.
- In a saucepan set over medium to high heat, add in the vegetable oil. Once hot, add in the coated tomato slices. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until gold. Transfer onto a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Set aside.
- Prepare the burgers. In a bowl, add in the salt, black pepper and powdered onion. Stir well to mix.
- Shape the ground beef into 4 patties. Season with the powdered onion mix.
- In a skillet set over medium to high heat, add in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add in the burger patties and cook for 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until cooked to your desired doneness. Transfer onto a plate.
- Add in the bacon into the skillet. Continue to cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until crispy. Transfer onto the burger patties along with the pimento cheese. Rest for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the burger patties onto the ciabatta rolls.
- Top off with the fried tomatoes and lettuce leaves. Serve immediately.