- Yield: 6 Servings
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 2 pounds (31-40 per pound) uncooked shrimp, divided
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, divided
- ¾ cup half-and-half cream
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach
How to Make It
- Peel and devein uncooked shrimp, set aside.
- Cook pasta in a six-quart stockpot according to what is indicated in the package, drain and put back to the pot.
- Heat half of both oil and butter in a large skillet over moderate high heat.
- Sauté half of the shrimp with one-fourth teaspoon pepper flakes for three to five minutes until the shrimp turns pink. Transfer the cooked shrimp to a mixing bowl. Cook the remaining shrimp.
- After the shrimp is cooked, use the same pan and heat the marinara sauce and the cream and slightly boil on moderate heat, stirring to coat.
- Stir in spinach until combined and wilted. Add the mixture to the cooked pasta and stir in shrimp. Toss to coat until heated through. Serve!
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.